sábado, 18 de junio de 2011

Balde de agua fría

I took my love and I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changin'
Cause I've built my life around you
But time gets bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too

So take this love and take it down
Yeah, and if you climb a mountain and you turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide brought it down

Landslide-Fleetwood Mac

It almost seems that this song now has a whole new meaning for me, it's no longer about love, it's no longer about you, it's about life itself and the things I take for granted cause it's only now that you told me that I bring my feet back on the ground, or at least somewhere near. I didn't want to hear it, I still do not want to accept it but it's true, I've built my around the impossible, you send me far away and I got comfortable, I made the most of it, almost too much, even if I still do not fit in, even if I will never fit in, I've made the few good things I've got in this life out of that far place you never liked. You gave me all the chances that I complained I didn't have. And I blamed it all on you, always on you, thinking you were putting all the blame of your mistakes on me. So I kept on, rejecting all the roads you built for me, "I climbed a mountain and I turned around", and now I'm building new things on more impossible grounds but because I convinced myself I wont fit anywhere else. I just don't fit, not near, not far. And maybe that's why Im getting cold feet about the future, cause I dont think I will ever fit. But it's true, "I've been afraid of changing because I've built my life around you" but I cant keep hanging from you, you all have your futures figured out, and Im not part of them, not like now.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario