martes, 2 de agosto de 2011

Blackbird

Blackbird singing in the dead of night.
 Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free
I'm scared of where it may lead
There's a part of me that never wants to leave
It's the fear of knowing you're gone, but your footprint is still set on the stone
On the Wall of Fame, or the Wall of Shame
And still I want to let go
I watch you walk the hallways day by day
Your beauty never goes away
I see you all grown, enjoying the easy paths with some bumps put aside
I see you live, I see you do what I never did
And I realize I'm never gonna be a part of that whole
Sometimes I wish it was someone else watching,
but it's been this way all my life.
I've been on the rise but never with a true smile
Just hiding the angst that I've made on my own
Shuttering the resentment I have for you all
I know it's not you that bother me, I know it's myself
and I want to break free
But not one of these days have I walked the same way, than all you did
I feel I was born backwards, and that's why I'll never fit in.
I know you stare at me sometimes, I see you behind this mask,
It's like this look of pity, as if you praying for me,
Mercy, mercy, please Lord be merciful to her
I know you see me feel alone
I try to act but it just shows, at least to you
But there's nothing I can do
Not until I get to leave this room
I just want to leave. I really do want to leave.
Hoping there's a space for me outside this fields.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario