jueves, 24 de marzo de 2011

I drew a line in the sand
Hoping no one would break the stones that I gathered to make me strong
And every morning I walked up there and picked them up
And took them a little bit nearer
So the line kept on getting closer
As I blocked the mind, the body, the soul, the heart..
I built a wall
A great wall, greater than the China wall
A wall that would not let anyone trespass my boundaries
And now I was so strong, from lifting up all those stones
I looked in the mirror and felt better
I thought no one could break me now
Slowly I forgot about the wall because I was strong enough
And because I let some of you make little holes through the wall
You peeked through the holes, that sooner or later would bigger enough to let you in
But I trusted all you, I still do.
You got in and healed the wounds, you helped me close my scars
And you smashed the darkest clouds that would always follow me around.
You grew rainbows in my heart, and let some magic rain for us
And you gave me a key to each of your hearts, to some truth that would help me out
In between the colors and smiles, I saw a man, a boy in dark clothes
He was staring and I couldn't help staring too.
I felt something, I felt it was a ghost from the past
Whose eyes looked a lot like mine
I saw a ocean in his eyes and I felt close
I felt so sorry for him I just let him be around
Knowing the secrets only you used to know
I didn't expect him, but then again I didn't expect you all either
One day he came up to talk to me
He grabbed me strongly by the arms
And they now felt like air
All the strength I had put up was lost
I felt my body was a jello dismantling in his hands
I felt I didn't exist anymore
Now I knew what you were
You came knowing you could break me down
I took a stick and started drawing lines in the sand
I drew and drew all around me but you still had me in your arms
I fell on the sand and saw how the wall slowly came down
Saw how you all vanished with the stones
As he got closer and closer.
I always trusted you, I always will
But I will never trust myself.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario